PBRIP stands for “Paint Barrel Racing Incentive Program.”
It was designed to bridge the gap between barrel racers who run Paints and the American Paint Horse Association by making it easier for barrel racers to be a part of APHA without having to attend traditional breed shows.
PBRIP brings the breed to you at barrel racing events nationwide by adding money to the pot specifically for those enrolled in the program.
It’s easy to get enrolled and get started earning extra cash with PBRIP.
- First you need a registered American Paint Horse.
- Next you’ll need an APHA membership. Can be completed in a simple $45 transaction online or at a PBRIP-approved event.
- Complete the PBRIP enrollment $35. Can be completed ahead of time and submitted to APHA or at a PBRIP-approved event.
For more information at ALL PBRIP events go to: http://apha.com/pbrip
1. All APHA registered horses will be allowed to participate in PBRIP.
2. The annual PBRIP enrollment fee will be $35 for the first horse and $25 for each additional horse. The enrollment year is 1 Jan- 31 Dec.
3. 15% of all enrollment fees collected shall be used for advertising, administration and promotion of PBRIP sidepots.
4. The remaining 85% of all enrollment fees collected shall be used for added money to PBRIP sidepots at selected barrel races within the discretion of APHA. PBRIP sidepot added money will only be available at races designated and authorized by APHA.
5. The PBRIP sidepots at the selected barrel races will be limited to current enrolled PBRIP horses. If not currently enrolled, a competitor may enroll their registered paint horse at the time of entry and become eligible to compete in PBRIP sidepot.
6. PBRIP Sidepot payout is at producers discretion.
Co-Sanctioning and Enrollment
To be eligible for PBRIP sanctioned barrel races (dual approval) the event/show producers must agree to offer a PBRIP side pot and follow a few simple guidelines.
Most importantly, the PBRIP Special Event Approval Application must be submitted to APHA thirty (30) days prior to the event/show with the $25 application fee.
The fastest overall time of the race and number of entries will be used to calculate PBRIP year-end points.
1D 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
2D 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
3D 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
4D 4, 3, 2, 1
1D 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5
2D 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4
3D 8, 7, 6, 5, 4
4D 6, 5, 4, 3
1D 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9
2D 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7
3D 10, 9, 8, 7, 6
4D 8, 7, 6, 5
PBRIP point system will be used for the tabulation of all PBRIP year-end awards.
PBRIP points will be awarded 1D through 4D with ½, ½, ½ second splits.
Points awarded per PBRIP paid run at all PBRIP events. A minimum of 5 PBRIP participants per day will be required in order for PBRIP points to be awarded.
For PBRIP year-end purposes the Regular and Solid Paint-Bred PBRIP results will be combined.
APHA World Championship Show PBRIP points awarded to PBRIP Sweepstakes only.
PBRIP year-end awards will be awarded to the recorded owner of horse as of December 31 of each year and the owner must be a current APHA member to be eligible for year-end awards.
To qualify for any PBRIP year-end awards the horse must have earned a minimum of eight (8) PBRIP points.
Tie-Breaker: If two or more contestants tie, the following will be used to break the tie for year-end awards: (a) Horse with the greatest number of PBRIP points earned in 1D; (b) Horse that participated in the greatest number of PBRIP events; (c) Horse with the greatest number of PBRIP points earned in 2D.
See Results for ALL PBRIP races here: http://apha.com/pbrip/results
UPCOMING EVENTS CALENDAR
(and FEE SCHEDULE)
Events for ALL PBRIP races are on the website at: http://apha.com/pbrip
Barrel Bash PBRIP Point Standings: (tba)
Events that I will be working/present for 2021 Series: